I have been using this for the past two weeks and find I get a much more solid sleep and also some very vivid dreams. I wake up feeling a lot more refreshed and some times I have some great stories from the dreams! 😊
Serenity Nightly Nootropic has an open source formula that combines safe and effective natural nootropics in chlorophyll vegan capsules. Listed below are the ingredients and some information on them. I have been taking just one about 15 minutes before sleep.
L-Theanine is an amino acid analogue found primarily in some plant and fungal species. Supplementation may increase relaxation without sedation, according to multiple peer-reviewed, double-blind, placebo-controlled studies:
- Anti-stress effect of theanine on students during pharmacy practice: positive correlation among salivary α-amylase activity, trait anxiety and subjective stress.
- Effects of l-theanine on attention and reaction time response.
- The effects of L-theanine on objective sleep quality in boys with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD): a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial.
- L-Theanine reduces psychological and physiological stress responses.
- The acute effects of L-theanine in comparison with [drug] on anticipatory anxiety in humans.
- Effects of Theanine on the Release of Brain Alpha Wave in Adult Males.
See the L-Theanine article at Examine.com for more studies and details.
Magnesium is an essential dietary mineral that may help you relax. It’s in my list of top tier geroprotectors, and it can also function as a nootropic. Magnesium comes in many forms, some of which are more effective than others at promoting calm, improving sleep quality, and increasing focus the next day. Magnesium Oxide is one of the most common forms, but it tends to be less absorbable than some others. Magnesium Citrate is more absorbable, making it a more effective geroprotector. Another absorbable form is Magnesium Glycinate, which is Magnesium reacted with Glycine, an amino acid. This particular form may also function as a nootropic.
With any absorbable form of Magnesium, supplementation may provide a notable decrease to blood pressure in cases of high blood pressure, according to multiple peer-reviewed studies on humans.
Melatonin is a substance found in animals, plants, fungi, and bacteria. Supplementation may promote sleep, according to multiple peer-reviewed, double-blind, placebo-controlled studies:
- Evaluation of sleep, puberty and mental health in children with long-term melatonin treatment for chronic idiopathic childhood sleep onset insomnia.
- The effect of prolonged-release melatonin on sleep measures and psychomotor performance in elderly patients with insomnia.
- Prolonged-release melatonin improves sleep quality and morning alertness in insomnia patients aged 55 years and older and has no withdrawal effects.
- The effects of melatonin on tinnitus and sleep.
- Melatonin for the prevention and treatment of jet lag.
Supplementation with Melatonin may also improve sleep quality and memory. Evidence for these effects may not be as reliable. See the Melatonin article at Examine.com for more studies and details.