Suspect Arrested in Killing of Takeoff, the Migos Rapper

A 33-year-old man has been arrested on a murder charge in the fatal shooting of the rapper Takeoff outside a bowling alley in Houston last month, the city’s police chief said Friday.

Chief Troy Finner of the Houston Police Department announced in a news conference that the man, Patrick Xavier Clark, was arrested in Houston on Thursday evening. Another man, Cameron Joshua, 22, was arrested last month and charged with unlawful carrying of a weapon.

Takeoff, the 28-year-old rapper born Kirsnick Khari Ball who had been one-third of the chart-topping group Migos, was shot and killed on Nov. 1 after a private party at 810 Billiards & Bowling in downtown Houston, as a group of about 40 people gathered near the front door, the police said last month. An argument ensued, and shots were fired from at least two weapons, they said.

Migos helped define the most recent incarnation of Atlanta’s influential rap sound, and Takeoff, whose real name was Kirsnick Khari Ball, was mourned by thousands there at a funeral last month.

In a speech at the funeral, Quavo, Takeoff’s uncle and a member of Migos, credited Takeoff with having the dream that helped make the group one of the biggest rap acts of the last decade.

“He never worried about titles, credit or what man got the most shine, that wasn’t him,” Quavo said, according to a copy of his speech that he posted to Instagram.

Known for hits like “Versace” and “Bad and Boujee,” Migos earned two Grammy nominations and helped usher in a new period of dominance for Atlanta music. The group’s punchy style brought the trio the top of the charts and influenced other artists.

Offset, the third Migos member, wrote in an Instagram post that Takeoff’s death had “left a hole in my heart that will never be filled.”

Must Read

Related Articles